What is Bowen Therapy
Bowen Therapy is a complementary modality that can support and enhance traditional medical approaches.
Bowen Therapy is a gentle noninvasive Manual Therapy, works through (ANS). Autonomic Nervous System: working with muscles, joints, ligaments, tendons, fascia, and nerves. Bowens Targeted gentle touch, stimulates proprioceptors to send massages to the brain, which returns messages to the body to start unwinding and insight the bodies innate healing ability to self-regulate accessing your Inner Doctor.
Our Bowen Therapy Specialist
Do you suffer from any of the following conditions or symptoms?
- Back Pain And Sciatica
- Stress Or Anxiety
- Recovering From Flues And Colds
- Headaches And Migraines
- Neck And Shoulder Problems (Including Frozen Shoulder)
- Hay Fever And Respiratory Problems
- Hip, Knee, Ankle, And Foot Problems
- Pelvic Misalignment
- Earache And TMJ Problems, Sinus
- Menstrual And Hormonal Irregularities
- RSI, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome And Tennis Elbow
- Computer Smart Phone Neck
- Sports And Other Traumatic Injuries
- Groin Pain, Pelvic Tilt, Muscular Tension
- Fibromyalgia And Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Digestive And Bowel Problems, Heartburn, Reflux
Bowen Therapy May Help
- Reduce Pain From Long Term Injuries And Illness
- Improve Health And Flexibility
- Support Emotional And Mental Well-Being
- Be Used Regularly To Maintain A Healthy Body
- To Focus On Specific Issues
- Address Compensatory Patterns From Injury Or Trauma
How Does Bowen Therapy Work?
Bowen therapy uses gentle targeted movements over the body that stimulate nerves, fascia, muscles, tendons, ligaments, and joints.
This switches on the bodies innate healing system allowing the body to reset and rebalance back to a state of wellbeing and balance.
What Can I Expect in My Bowen Session?
Client will lay on the massage table in prone position with cloths on. In some cases it is necessary to work on bare skin.
Practitioner will apply gentle moves to back and front of the body, following small waiting time between moves, the waiting time gives the body time to relax and for nerve pathways to communicate a healing response.
Clients may experience range of sensations throughout the session, these can include energy moving to parts of the body in the form of heat, cold, light tingles or heavy sensations, some clients experience no sensations just a feeling of deep relaxation and calm. Client’s healing response is unique to their body.
What Can I Expect Post Session?
- Bowen helps detoxification of the body and works up to 5 – 7 days can be 10 but a week is optimum after a session.
- Clients can have a detoxing process happen in the body after a Bowen session as the body resets and rebalances the body systems.
- Many up their water intake to flush the toxins and hydrate the fascia.
- It’s advised to have 3 to 4 sessions a week apart the practitioner will reassess your process at each session. The therapist role is to support the best possible plan for you.
About Desrae Edwards
My name is Desrae Edwards, and I am a Bowen Therapist working from two clinics both based in Mandurah. I have a passion for body work and supporting women to better health and wellness.
Having personally used body base modalities and holistic therapies since 2002 to support my own healing journey with physical pain, injury, surgery recovery, and emotional trauma.
Bowen therapy has been a complementary therapy that has supported my body to heal, reset and find its own organic balance. I have studied, trained, and worked as a holistic counsellor, body-based psychotherapist, sound healer, and bowen therapy. I bring to my bowen therapy practice a range of skills and knowledge from a holistic perspective that can support the individual as a whole person that can enhance better health and wellness.
For information on my business Bowenmoves go to https://bowenmoves.com.au
Location /23 Scott Street and 36 Cooper Street
Phone number: 0418 955 612
Book a Bowen Therapy Session
About Vianne MacBeth
My name is Vianne MacBeth from Vibrant Bowen Therapy, my passion for Bowen was inspired from the first bowen treatment I received in my early 20s for a serious back injury. I was amazed at how my body responded to bowen therapy and supported my healing process.
I was so curious and excited at how a modality so gentle could be so powerful. I decided in 2003 I needed to train in bowen therapy, and this was the beginning of a 20-year career and vocation that has included, clinic work, training and facilitating, teaching and mentoring students.
I have extensive experience working with babies, children, teens, and seniors. I specialize in Mind Body Bowen which has included working in collaboration, with Margaret Spicer the founder of Mind Body Bowen in delivering education workshops to bowen practitioners internationally including Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, and Bulgaria.
Location / 23 Scott Street
Phone number: 0478 620 410
Book a Bowen Therapy Session
Bowen Therapy Training
Vianne Macbeth a trainer and assessor for Bowen Training Australia delivers nationally accredited Bowen Therapy Training and practitioner workshops at Sarah’s circle venue located 23 Scott Mandurah.
Courses delivered include,
- Certificate 1V in Bowen Therapy 10846NAT
- Diploma of Specialised Bowen Therapy 108447NAT
Workshops delivered include,
- Practitioner days A & B for practitioners who have completed a certificate 1V in Bowen Therapy and would like to enhance, review, and further develop their technique.
- Practitioner days C & D for practitioners who have completed a Diploma of Specialised Bowen Therapy, these days include learning and developing deeper knowledge of assessments, special tests, underlying anatomical and fascial links and basic rehabilitation for clients.
Mind Body Bowen two-day workshop,
- Practitioners will discover a new approach to working with trauma held in the body. Mind Body Bowen can support you to better work with chronic and recurring issues presenting in your clients. You’ll learn about the inherent wisdom and intelligence of the body and the links between the physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual aspects of our being, as well as how to prioritise your Bowen work sessions using the ‘less is best’ principle. Mind Body Bowen is presented and delivered by Founder Margaret Spicer and trainer and assessor Vianne MacBeth.
For further information on course information or to enrol go to Bowen Training Australia https://bowentraining.com.au/about/bowen-training-australia/
Or contact Vianne Macbeth directly on 0478 620 410.
Introduction to using Bowen Therapy to support health and wellness.
Desrae and Vianne are working in collaboration to bring bowen therapy to the community of Mandurah. The aim is to provide opportunities for people to learn how Bowen can support health and wellness and experience a Bowen session.
Information session will cover:
- What is Bowen therapy?
- What conditions and symptoms can be addressed?
- How does Bowen therapy work?
- What can I expect in my Bowen session?
- What can I expect post session?
Information and treatment sessions will be delivered at Sarah’s circle or other locations in Mandurah. There will be a small cost involved. Information sessions will be posted on Facebook so go to pages and follow to keep updated.
Facebook / Bowen Moves at https://www.facebook.com/bowenmoves1
Facebook / Vibrant Bowen at https://www.facebook.com/BowenWorksAU
If you would like to organise an information session and treatment workshop at your organisation or community centre or event, please contact Desrae on 0418 955 612 to organise.